Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet provides a wealth of compassionate advice and specific coping strategies to help you deal with the pain of losing your beloved pet. It calls upon the experiences and suggestions of dozens of pet owners like yourself, who have experienced the same pain and anguish you're feeling and have chosen to share their strategies for healing.|
Moira Allen knows first-hand how much the loss of a pet hurts -- and how much it matters to know that you're not alone, or "crazy," to feel the way you do. She also knows that when you're hurting, you don't want "psychobabble" -- you want understanding and real help.
Coping with Sorrow helps you deal every aspect of loss and bereavement:
- Understanding what your pet meant to you and why its loss is so painful
- Dealing with the overwhelming emotions of anger, guilt and depression
- The importance of acknowledging your feelings, and ways to express your pain
- How to adjust to your loss by adjusting your surroundings and schedule
- Helping your children and other family members cope
- Helping other pets adapt to the loss
- Choosing the "right time" to euthanize a pet -- and how to ease the pain, strain and guilt that this decision brings
- Creating a meaningful memorial to your beloved pet
- Bringing a new pet into the home: Choosing the right time, and the right pet
- Choosing a final resting place for your pet: Understanding your options, and making a decision that is right for your lifestyle
- Helping others deal with loss
In addition, this book touches on topics that most books on pet loss never cover, such as:
- How to deal with "pre-loss bereavement." Most pet loss books deal with the feelings one experiences after a pet has died. But many of us endure profound grief that begins before a pet dies. Pre-loss bereavement begins when we realize and accept that a pet's loss is inevitable, and is every bit as painful as post-loss grief!
- How to deal with the loss of a "missing" pet (and steps you can take to help recover a lost pet)
- How to protect pets in case of disaster or emergency
- How to cope if circumstances force you to give up a beloved pet
- How to provide for your pets in your will
- And finally... do pets go to heaven?
Here's what others say about Coping with Sorrow:
A wonderful, helpful book filled with information and guidance...
Treats this serious subject with sympathetic feelings... An
excellent guide allowing us to understand that we are not alone
with our grief. Anyone who has a pet should read it.
-- Dog Week
Written with compassion and understanding; truly required reading
for any pet owner.
-- Dog World
Coping with Sorrow should be welcomed by those who are grieving
or are anticipating extreme stress and grief over the loss of a
pet. The author's presentation and knowledge of the subject offer
solace and understanding to the pet owner in need.
-- Cats Magazine
Coping with Sorrow addresses every aspect of pet loss and grief...
Written in a clear, friendly style... It takes a pet owner by the
hand and walks him through the stages of bereavement, offering
explanations and coping strategies at every step.
-- Canine Concepts
A small gem of a book... Anderson's book fills the need for a
comprehensive, yet easily read, publication on pet loss and owner
bereavement. The message is one of love, common sense, and
-- The Delta Society
This book has been needed for a long time -- like forever! The
wealth of information given by pet owners makes the book come
alive. It's a lovely thing, beautifully and generously written
from the bottom of a superb writer's heart.
-- Dog Writers Association of America
Coping with Sorrow has been helping pet lovers heal from loss for nearly 30 years! Our 3rd edition is completely updated and ready to help you! Available from Amazon.com in Print and Kindle editions.
|Get help instantly with our electronic edition!|
Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet is also available as a PDF download for just $5.
Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 copies or more; please click for details.